Dear Brothers and Sisters,
This weekend we welcome Fr. Joseph Alakun from the Archdiocese of Tororo Uganda. Fr. Alakun will be talking about the needs they have and how we can help them. Please see his letter below.
Dear People of God,
I bring you greetings from the Arcdiocese of Tororo. My name is Fr. Joseph Alakun, a diocesan priest from the Archdiocese of Tororo, in Uganda in East Africa. Uganda is a small country with a population 44 million people (refer to our website email@example.com for more information about us).
I am grateful to the Archbishop of Boston for giving us a chance to preach mission appeals here, to the Pastor, Rev. Steven Clemence and you all for allowing me speak with you.
I am a pastor of St. Joseph Parish, a small parish with 16 sub-churches, 9 primary schools, 3 pre-primary schools, and one secondary school. We have 16 catechists (6 of who have basic training), who help in teaching the Christian faith to both the children and adults in the villages and schools, visit the sick, among others.
BENEFITS OF APPEAL SO FAR
We have trained over 20 priests over the last ten years, renovated many rectories, constructed many classes for study, trained many catechists, dug many wells for our Christians in the villages to get clean water among others.
CURRENT NEEDS: Construction of churches in sub-churches, formation of priests, training of catechists, provision of clean water, provision of means of transport for newly ordained priests and catechists.
Note that $100 will pay for a catechists training for a whole year, pay for tuition for a seminarian's tuition for a month;
- $ 100 will also buy a bicycle for a catechists transport;
- $ 3,000 will buy a motor cycle for a newly ordained priest;
- $ 10,000 will construct four classrooms, dig four wells, or even construct a descent village Church
- James and Christina Newville from Arlington, and Fr. Kelley of St. Joseph in Arlington, Texas support education in St. Joseph Parish in the Archdiocese of Tororo;
- David Manning of Quincy Adams gave a one time offer to contribute to education of Girls in St. Josephs Parish
I invite you all to pray for the growing church in Tororo Archdiocese and to support it financially within your means.
Below are the contacts:
1) Fr. Deogratious Ekisa PO Box 850195, New Orleans LA 70185, Tel. 1-504-261-7888 or 1-914-514-0183.
2) Archbishop Emmanuel Obbo A J, PO Box, 632, Tororo-Uganda, Tel. +256-754-488012
Thank you all for your prayers and generosity.
Fr. Joseph Alakun /150- 455- 36924 or 256- 758-033747. firstname.lastname@example.org
Father Steven Clemence